Beantwortet

Importing Nodes and performance

TVSundt vor 2 Jahren in OPCUA4Unity aktualisiert von Support vor 2 Jahren 1

I just got started with OPCUA. I have a Siemens S7-1500 connected via ethernet cable. I can connect to it and read the nodes, but I can't import nodes via OPCUA Interface. I also did a test with GetAllSubnodes(topnodeid) and it found all 9 nodes it should.

My biggest issue however is using the data. If I use the recommended subscribe method, it is simply too slow (updates around 2 times a second). If I use the direct method I get the update speed, but fps tanks to unbearable with just 1 node.

How can I get better update rates with the delegate/subscribe method? (or any for that matter)

Unityversion: 2020.3.12f1 LTS

Antwort

Antwort
Beantwortet

Hi, OPCUA is by itself a very slow connection. It has much communication overhead and the S7 OPCUA server is also as far as I know limited to 100ms cycle time. If you need fast update rates you should use S7 TCP, this is much faster. So OPCUA is mainly usefull for HMI stuff but not for fast sensor and axis data.

GUT, ICH BIN ZUFRIEDEN.
Zufriedenheit von TVSundt vor 2 Jahren
Antwort
Beantwortet

Hi, OPCUA is by itself a very slow connection. It has much communication overhead and the S7 OPCUA server is also as far as I know limited to 100ms cycle time. If you need fast update rates you should use S7 TCP, this is much faster. So OPCUA is mainly usefull for HMI stuff but not for fast sensor and axis data.