Completed

Animation Export?

jcdas 12 months ago in realvirtual.io Starter and Professional updated by Support 12 months ago 6

Is it possible to export an animation of a certain duration using realvirtual.io and unity?

The animation would be fixed (the same every time) so you can use a speed multiplier, fast-forward, rewind, and choose the time using a scroll bar also while being able to navigate around the 3D scene.

Perhaps an FBX animation? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answer

Answer

Hi,

this currently not possible within a build using realvirtual. You have this possibility only within unity by using the DriveRecorder. Within such a recording you can jump to certain frames. A speed multiplier is available when you start your scene in unity game mode. Using the speed multiplier within a replay of the recordering is currently not possible. 
You could implement this on your own because our code is open to do so.

Regards Christin

GOOD, I'M SATISFIED
Satisfaction mark by jcdas 12 months ago

Hello, I don't know exactly if there is class for this in package. But you can try GameObjectRecorder

Completed

Hi,

to export an animation, you can use the Unity Recorder.  (https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.recorder@2.0/manual/index.html ) The recorder creates an mp4 file of everything that happens during game mode.
If your scene contains PLC connections and you want to record them and then play them back without active PLC connections, you can use the DriveRecorder and the MURecorder, which is currently part of our latest release. Unfortunately, we still have to create the documentation for both recorders. They were new in the last release. The documentation update will be available by the end of this week.

Regards Christin

Thanks for your suggestions. The GameObjectRecorder looks interesting, I wonder how feasible it is to scale that to all gameobjects in the scene?

I would like to view the animation in a build .exe and be able to zoom in and out, move around so an .mp4 would not be suitable.

The DriveRecorder amd MURecorder sound very interesting. Look forward to trying them out.

Hi,

when you Build your realvirtual scene the animation can be started, zoom with the mouse wheel and rotate by pressing the right mouse button. Just test it.

Regards Christin

As I mentioned in the first post, I would like to be able to use a speed multiplier, fast-forward, rewind, and choose the time using a scroll bar also while being able to navigate around the 3D scene.

This is so you can pause at a particular time during a machine cycle for example or not have to wait for x minutes before you can see what happens to the last product in the cycle.

Is this possible?

Answer

Hi,

this currently not possible within a build using realvirtual. You have this possibility only within unity by using the DriveRecorder. Within such a recording you can jump to certain frames. A speed multiplier is available when you start your scene in unity game mode. Using the speed multiplier within a replay of the recordering is currently not possible. 
You could implement this on your own because our code is open to do so.

Regards Christin