Wird überprüft

Connection to certificate based authentication OPCUA server

Iacopo Checcacci vor 12 Monaten in OPCUA4Unity aktualisiert von Support vor 11 Monaten 6

Hi, I’m using the OPCUA4Unity plugin purchased on the Unity Asset Store.I’m able to connect a Unity project to a OPCUA server with no certificates, but my main need is to connect it to a certificate based authentication OPCUA server. In the specific is a Basic 256 security policy.Trying to connect my Unity project to the certificate based authentication OPCUA server, filling the Security Policy field with Basic 256, I receive the following errors:

• OPCUA Interface - Connection Error Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  • SocketException: A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and(when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied.

Looking on the documentation I found that you specify that "Currently certificate based authentication and communication is not supported. We are working on the problem and try to find as soon as possible a solution.”
I would like to know if a new version of the plugin that supports the certificate based authentication OPCUA server is scheduled or if you have already a beta version or also a workaround for this issue.
Thank you

+1
Wird überprüft

We are working on this and check if we can support certificates. Will let you know next week.

Are there any updates about this?

+1

Oh sorry, totally missed to check this. Will check it on Monday and let you know.

Hi, what kind of OPCUA server are you using. Is there a demo version for this?

Hi, unfortunately is a customer private OPCUA server, so there isn't a demo version that I can share with you.

Ok, I checked with a demo server I have available. I integrated new LibUA libraries which we are using. But new issues came up with this new version. We can't solve it shortly - so if you urgently need certificates we can refund you. I will put it as an development task starting in 4 weeks to invest more time on this issue.