Answered

Questions about using gripper

haoyu yi (Hari) 4 months ago in General Questions updated by Support 3 months ago 5

Hello

I am currently trying to mimic the example in DemoGripping Scene to use the gripper component, but when I set up the group component and added the kinematic component I found that the mesh is not aligning to my model, which is causing me to not be able to align the Sensor on the Finger to my MU

Image 1028

Answer

Answer
Answered

We will check this - it is a bug but it is only the Gizmo (you could turn it off) and it does not impacts any kind the function.

Under review

Hi,

I am not sure if is a bug in our system or if you did something wrong. Can you upload the full project (without the library folder) to 

https://realvirtual.io/send

My fixture model was imported as a .STEP format file via CADLink and then exported as .FBX via the Unity plugin.

I'm assuming it's because it's center point shifted when generating the model causing the mesh to not overlap with the model when I add the Group component.

Can you tell me any good way to solve this problem? If I can't solve it myself I'll upload my project for help.

Image 1030

This display of the pink gizmo is a bug - but it is only a displaying issue and is not affecting the kinematic functions itself.

Answer
Answered

We will check this - it is a bug but it is only the Gizmo (you could turn it off) and it does not impacts any kind the function.

Almost all the models I export via CADLink have this problem

Image 1032