Beantwortet

State: Robot Integration

Mike vor 4 Jahren in General Questions aktualisiert von Support vor 4 Jahren 8

Hi,

I want to ask about the state of the Robot-Integration into Game4Automation. I did not find anything in the Release Notes.

What is about Fanuc, ABB, Kuka , (and Universal Robots). Or do we need RoboDK for this?

Best Regards,

Mike

Antwort

Antwort

We are currently checking that. There is a discussion if we integrate Fanuc, KUKA, Stäubli and ABB Interface into a Game4Automation Ultimate Version. This will be about 300€ above the price of Game4Automation Professional. If we decide to go for it ETA will be around end of this year.

Beantwortet

Hi Mike,

ABB is possible via OPCUA. A demo scene is included in the latest release.

Kuka and Fanuc should be possible via RoboDK. RoboDK has, besides the virtual controller, also the possibility to interface with the real robot controller. 

But we were not able to test this so far. We are waiting here for a customer who will do that soon (we don't have KUKA and Fanuc controllers in our office). 

Or you could use PLCConnect standalone  which is providing a SHM interface to G4A and interfaces to KUKA and Fanuc on the other end. 

Best regards

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

for our next project we are trying to achieve the integration of a fanuc robot into unity with game4automation. 

However we do not get any response at the moment to acquire PLCConnect standalone. So we are curious about RoboDK. What I couldnt figure out yet was if its possible to connect RoboDK to a virtual SPS like PLC Advanced. Do you have any information about that?

Best regards

Markus

Hi Markus,

the connection between RoboDK and Virtual PLCs can be done via Game4Automation because it has interfaces to both.

As far as I know, there is no direct PLC connection available inside RoboDK.

Best regards

Thomas

Hi Thomas, 

thanks for your quick response! I wonder what are the major advantages/disadvantages for using RoboDK or PLC Connect? What would you recommened?

Best regards

Markus

Hi Markus,

RoboDK is usefull if you want to simulate the whole robot without the real robot controller. It is easy to use and a robot cell can be easily simulated. The robot programmes are programmed in a meta language and can be transfered later on to the real robot controller.

PLCConnect is just an interface to the real robot controllers. Mostly they are more complicated. You can programm in the real robot controller and connect this to Game4Automation.

Hi Thomas,

I just checked your Blog and there was a post about the integration of Fanuc Roboguide. Is this still in consideration? If so, do you have any ETA?

Best regards

Markus

Antwort

We are currently checking that. There is a discussion if we integrate Fanuc, KUKA, Stäubli and ABB Interface into a Game4Automation Ultimate Version. This will be about 300€ above the price of Game4Automation Professional. If we decide to go for it ETA will be around end of this year.

+1

Hi Thomas,

thanks for that information. Definitely looking forward to that. However, Im curious about how one would approach a connection between Roboguide and Unity3d. Im quite new to automation but have extensive C# experience. Would you give me a few hints on which interfaces you'd choose?

Best regards

Markus