Fixed

CAD object does not exit in QuickToggle.cs Error

Andrew Kibor 3 years ago in realvirtual.io Starter and Professional updated by Support 2 years ago 7

So I just updated to Game for Automation Starter 2020.09 while working on a project and unfortunately, I seem to be getting the following related errors that cannot allow me to proceed at least in Play Mode:

• "Assets\game4automation\private\QuickToggle.cs(418,26): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'CAD' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"
  • "Assets\game4automation\private\QuickToggle.cs(480,36): error CS0103: The name 'CADStatus' does not exist in the current context"

I am using Unity 2020.3.17f1. I've even created a new project and ran the DemoGame4Automation scene but still have the same error. I'm relatively new to g4a so maybe there maybe something I'm missing however as I've already implied, the pretty much everything was working before the update.

Answer

Answer
Started

We will check why this still happens - we need to look for a more robust solution in setting the correct compile settings while first installing the asset.

I think the code assumes I am using the G4A pro which I am not. I have commented out all the code containing instances of the class and works for now.

Fixed

It seems that in your Installation Scripting Define Symbols for Professional are on. I don't know why that happened. You need to deletet that and it should work without changing the code. We are updating today the starter to a new version - I found a bug - so please upgrade to 2020.10 as soon as it is available - in about 2-3h.

Great. That's a better fix, The update is also working well so far. Thanks.

Sorry my bad, the update still comes with the GAME4AUTOMATION_PROFESSIONAL symbol added.Although the fix still works.

Today I've installed G4A  (2020.3.6f1) and the same problem (see above) still happens.

It's a little bit tricky to deactivate / delete the G4AP-entry on the list. First I'd not recognized the little "Apply" button.

As I've found this threat an recgonized the button, now it seems to work

Answer
Started

We will check why this still happens - we need to look for a more robust solution in setting the correct compile settings while first installing the asset.