Fixed

Bug in rotating transport unit

Bo Adam vor 2 Jahren in realvirtual.io Starter and Professional aktualisiert vor 1 vor einem Jahr 7

Hello,

I have found a bug in the transport system software (I think).

I've made a turning transport system from the example you send me last time. The picture below shows how I have made it. The transport surface of the conveyor follows the turn unit. 

When I place the prefab everything works well, with X being the transportation direction (2nd picture on the left) and y being the other direction.

When I rotate this unit 90 degrees (by using the transform of c1-40 or c1-41 or turn+Conv) the transportation direction (x) is seen as the red line on the right of the second picture. It is not the correct direction anymore. 
When I change it to y the direction is the same. (See picture 2, Right. Red is X and Green is Y transportation direction).

For now I fixed it by giving the unit an offset of 90 in the drive itself, but that means the base is 90 degrees in the wrong direction.

Image 682

Image 681

I hope you understand what I mean and you can fix this bug.

With kind regards,

Bo

Antwort

Antwort
Fixed

Hello Bo,
We have fixed the bug. You have received an update for your version by email. The bughas been fixed for further downloads.

Wird überprüft

Hi Bo, can you send an example project with just one scene in where we can debug the issue?

Antwort
Fixed

Hello Bo,
We have fixed the bug. You have received an update for your version by email. The bughas been fixed for further downloads.

With the new file the carrier drops through the transport unit. I've reverted back to the previous version of the file and everything is fine again, exept the rotation.

Have you checked this?

In addition to this bug, when using an offset of 90 or -90 degrees with the old transportsurface.cs the carrier does not rotate when rotating the transport surface. We have a big demo in two weeks and this bug prevents us from doing the demo since our transport system relies on this piece.

2022-10-26 09-36-24.mkv