Answered

Help with model setup

Manish Otto 1 year ago in realvirtual.io Starter and Professional updated by Support 1 year ago 3

New Setup - Tut 5 test.mp4

Hello,

I'm trying this simple setup of pushing a MU off a conveyor belt with a pusher or deflector. However, as seen in the video, the pusher moves right through the MU. Please help me to change the settings and understand the reasoning behind the same. I'm using the starter pack and have followed the procedures as per the tutorials to date. So all the settings are set to default, or as suggested in the videos. Thanks for your help!

Answer

Answer
Answered

Hello,

Please make sure that the MUs and the pusher have sufficient colliders. Nevertheless, the elements must be on certain  layers: MU --> g4aMU; Pusher --> g4aTransport.(set in the inspector) The current parameter of the collider interaction you'll find here: Edit/Projectsettings/Physics.

Let me know if this solves the issue.

Answer
Answered

Hello,

Please make sure that the MUs and the pusher have sufficient colliders. Nevertheless, the elements must be on certain  layers: MU --> g4aMU; Pusher --> g4aTransport.(set in the inspector) The current parameter of the collider interaction you'll find here: Edit/Projectsettings/Physics.

Let me know if this solves the issue.

Hi @support. I am one of the team members of the above grp and it worked great thanks! The pusher and MUs are colliding with each other. We still have to figure out PLC scripts and functions for making sensors respond and react switch on/off movements. But everything works great now thanks!

Hello, it worked! I had to add a mesh collider to the pusher, and now the MU is being pushed. Thanks a lot!