Answered

How to set correct position for roatation kinematic on axis

eb-amp 1 month ago in realvirtual.io Starter and Professional updated by Support 1 month ago 1

While trying to setup the demo robot I have found that you must manually place the drive in the dead centre of the axis for the point of rotation although it seems extremely hard and inefficient to have to manually set this and try get right?

Image 1167

Is there any methods or tools to use to get the point of rotation in the dead centre, I will put some photos to try visualise

Image 1166

what I mean

Image 1165

GOOD, I'M SATISFIED
Satisfaction mark by eb-amp 1 month ago
Answered

Hi,

Unity's mesh-based system offers great performance, but selecting centers can sometimes be tricky. Here are a few solutions to help you overcome this issue:

• Use CAD Design Components: Often, CAD designs include components with correctly positioned pivot points. You can use these as a basis for your setup.
  • Refer to Data Sheets: For robotics, data sheets often provide precise information about pivot points and other important details.
  • Build Kinematics Externally: In many cases, we construct the kinematic hierarchy externally from the design itself. Check out the Kinematic and Group Script for more information.
  • Move Pivot Tool: You can use the Move Pivot
    Tool to adjust and align the pivot points of your objects.
  • Kinematic Tool in Realvirtual Professional: If you're using Realvirtual Professional, there's a new Kinematic Tool that simplifies defining kinematic chains.
  • Select 3 Points: With either the Pivot Tool or the Kinematic Tool, you can select 3 points to move the pivot of the kinematic hierarchy. However, this method carries some risk as there’s no guarantee that the pivot will align perfectly with the actual center of the robot axis.