Answered

Unity project version compability issue

leevi parssinen 4 years ago in realvirtual.io Starter and Professional updated by Support 4 years ago 1

Hi! I have an issue with my project working with game4automation professional that we just purchased. So we have a Game/project working on unitys 2019 version and i tried to import the g4a asset in it ,but the toolbar only has the Parts4Cad option. on 2018 empty project it works perfectly, but i am not so experienced with unity and was wondering if the asset works at all with 2019 versions (most important ones TwinCat ADS or the OPCUA) OR if there is a way to downgrade projects unity version

Answer

Answer
Answered

Hi,

usually it should also work with 2019. But we recommend to use LTS (Long Term Stable) releases because Unity is sometimes changing to fast for industrial use cases. We develop and test in 2018.4. On our build server we also try to compile and build with 2019, but it is more risky that we miss something in 2019. So I would recommend to only use 2019 if you really need it.

I just checked latest release and 2019 and it works on my computer without problems. The main menu is available and the demo model is working as expected.

You should also check that you are using .Net4. compatibility level - even if this should be not an issue with the main menu. But some interfaces might not compile without .Net40

There seems to be an issue / collision with anything what is already in your 2019 project. I don't know what. Could you please check the Console log for some more information.

GOOD, I'M SATISFIED

Thanks for the quick reply! I have no choice than to use the 2019, but i'll try again. Is there a difference between applying the asset to a existing project than to a new one?

Satisfaction mark by leevi parssinen 4 years ago
Answer
Answered

Hi,

usually it should also work with 2019. But we recommend to use LTS (Long Term Stable) releases because Unity is sometimes changing to fast for industrial use cases. We develop and test in 2018.4. On our build server we also try to compile and build with 2019, but it is more risky that we miss something in 2019. So I would recommend to only use 2019 if you really need it.

I just checked latest release and 2019 and it works on my computer without problems. The main menu is available and the demo model is working as expected.

You should also check that you are using .Net4. compatibility level - even if this should be not an issue with the main menu. But some interfaces might not compile without .Net40

There seems to be an issue / collision with anything what is already in your 2019 project. I don't know what. Could you please check the Console log for some more information.